The home loan market over the past few years has been, to put it mildly, a whirlwind. After some of the lowest mortgage rates in a generation, mortgage interest rates began their slow and steady climb until they peaked at around 5%, and then suddenly cratered. As of this writing, rates are as low as 3%, with some expecting it to fall further.
But you know this. You’re a mortgage broker, direct lender, bank, or other home loan expert. The problem is that both current owners and home buyers:
- Do not pay that much attention to the bond yields or mortgage loan market.
- Do not know the difference between lenders.
We’ve provided SEO, content writing, and marketing for mortgage lenders for years. But we partnered with several in 2018, and have been with them throughout these interest rate swings.
And one of the first things we noticed is that borrowers neither understand nor follow the changes to the lending market. They also are generally unable to tell the difference between lenders, relying mostly on recommendations from their friend or real estate agent, or choosing the first one(s) they find in Google.
It is that latter – and partially the former (which we’ll get to in a moment) that explain why every lender, regardless of size or focus, needs to invest in their online marketing presence. And if you’re looking for content writing, SEO, or any other form of internet marketing for your mortgage company, the best choice is our team right here at Great Leap Studios.
Fill out the form to the right if you’d like to learn more and get started.
Why Content Writing and Online Marketing is Critical in the Lending World
You may be a better loan originator than your competitors. But borrowers essentially care about only two things: the person that promises to get them approved, and the person that promises to get them the lowest rate. Customer service matters – quite a bit, actually – but most borrowers have no way of noticing a company’s customer service in the beginning, nor will even the best customer support matter if you provide them with a higher rate.
That is why it is so important to continually find new borrowers. You can rely on word-of-mouth and networking all you want, but if you want to grow, you have to be found by those looking for the best possible lender.
That’s what you get with online marketing. When you invest in content writing, and other digital marketing services, you’re creating:
- A Presence in Google – The higher you are in search engines, the more borrowers will find you. Ideally, you want to be the first lender or broker that they see when they’re seeking out a loan online, with pages that are directly related to their needs and content that makes them excited to work with you.
- A Presence Elsewhere – A high search engine rank is ideal. But it helps even more if you extend your reach to other places as well. Facebook, for example, has low cost advertising and an extensive reach. With the right ads, you can both reach the local market and brand yourself so that if someone is looking for a loan at a later date, they can find you.
- Engaging, Exciting Content – Driving them to your website isn’t enough. You also want to make sure that they find what they need once their there. That’s where engaging, informative, and detailed content is so valuable, as it encourages them to trust that you know home loans and that you’re going to get them the best rate.
It’s that latter bullet that’s so important. Not every mortgage broker or lender is focused on online marketing, or even wants to worry about online marketing. But when someone recommends your services to a friend or family member, that friend or family member rarely calls right away. Instead, what they usually do is Google you and see what they can learn about who you are and what you offer.
If they find you interesting, engaging, and informative, that trust will convince them to call you. If they find no website, or one that has boring and bland content, they’ll believe you’re probably “just another lender” and may be less likely to contact you.
Content Writing for Mortgage Brokers, Lenders, and Originators
Great Leap Studios is a full service online marketing company that partners with mortgage brokers, lenders, and banks to help them reach a larger audience and convert that audience better.
We provide all forms of marketing, including:
- Content Marketing
- Social Media
- Google Adwords and PPC Ads
- Backend SEO
- Graphic Design
- Website Design, and More
But content writing is also our specialty, and it’s something that very few mortgage lenders engage in. That’s an opportunity for you to stand out, as the more useful your content the more you’ll be able to compete in today’s increasingly competitive market.
We can also help you reach real estate agents, as those will help you connect with even more borrowers. And because we take our projects seriously, we also become advocates for you, recommending your products or services to anyone we meet that might need you in order to help you generate more business and get a better return on your investment.
Every mortgage company should be marketing their services, and Great Leap Studios is the perfect partner to help you do it. Learn more about our service, or contact us to discuss costs and pricing by filling out our online form or calling us at 347-460-5492.