The pet industry is one of the largest industries in the world. There are pet shops, dog and cat stores, boarding, “pet hotels,” pet trainers, pet groomers, veterinarians, dog walkers and more. Pets and animals play important roles in the lives of most families, and that means that if you work in the pet industry in any way, you’re looking at thousands of potential customers.
But of course, you need to find a way to both reach those customers and attract them to your service, and that’s where pet content comes in.
The Value of Pet Content
Search engines reward websites that provide valuable information, so if you want to improve your rank in search engines, you need to add as many pages of content as possible to ensure that you’re becoming that hub that potential local pet owners search for. By adding unique and interesting pet content, you’ll be able to:
- Generate more leads through local searches.
- Identify yourself as an expert on pets.
- Keep your clients and potential clients engaged in your company.
- Create useful information for newsletters.
- Improve your public relations, and possibly the health of pets.
Dog content, cat content, bird content – doesn’t matter. If it’s pet content it can add real value to your website, and improve your long term marketing strategies. Add it your blog, create useful long informational pieces and more. Adding that content has amazing value for you and your customers.
Ideas for Pet Content and Pet Blog Posts
When we started at Great Leap Studios, pet content was some of our favorite to write. I was able to use some of my knowledge of animal behavior classes to make some really great articles about dogs, cats, and more, and with a little research it was possible to find lots of information to create even more informational pieces. Pet content is fun to write and even more fun to research.
But for companies that want to write the content themselves, it can still be difficult to come up with new pet topics – especially if you don’t have the experience. The following are ideas for pet content that you can use for your blog or website. Keep in mind that each one represents many different ideas – not a single article, but a series of multiple pet articles that can be valuable for websites in the short and long term:
- Specific dog behaviors, cat behaviors, etc., and what they mean the pet needs.
- Warning signs of specific pet illnesses, fleas, and other helpful medical information.
- Tips for keeping your pet cleaned or groomed.
- Introduction to pet training (for each specific pet) and different training techniques.
- How to train your dog or pet in specific tricks.
- Types of foods or nutrition needed for some pets.
- Safety information about pets or pet products.
- Reviews of pet products.
- Pet breed information.
- Information on how to choose a pet for your needs and personalities.
As you can see, these represent thousands upon thousands of pages of content. Dog breeds alone, if you’re interested in writing about them, can result in hundreds of pages of information. Dog behavior articles as well – for example, dog food aggression, how to introduce dogs to each other, and more. You can even review dog food nutrition, specific pet products, medications – there are a lot of potential articles.
And that’s only dogs. You can create pet content about cats, birds, even information on unusual pets like monkeys and raccoons. Even if you generally don’t service those animals very often, it’s also not that common for other companies to write about them, so you’ll have that extra little advantage.
Looking for Pet Writing and Pet Content
We’re happy to handle all of your pet content and writing needs (call us at 347-460-5492), but if you’re looking to write pet content yourself, the above list will give you plenty of ideas. Adding this content to your website can really help you with your marketing efforts.