SEO does not yield immediate results. Instead, it can take a few weeks, or even months, for SEO practices on your website to show results. Since the age of a website can also be an SEO ranking factor, there are several challenges when it comes to SEO for new websites.
There is some waiting necessary for your website to rank, but there are a few steps you can take to help your site rank more quickly and create a strong foundation for the SEO on your website.
How to Optimize Your New Website
The most competitive websites on the internet today involve SEO strategies from the beginning. These strategies are relatively simple to implement and can help your website start off strong:
- Create Quality Content – The most important factor in SEO is content. Your website needs well written content that provides valuable information. While you focus on building a beautiful website, also make sure that you are writing quality content for it.
- Map Out Your Website – An well mapped out website is easier to navigate for visitors and the Google crawling bot as it indexes your site. Take some time during development to plan what pages you will need and the best organizational method for them.
- Consider Internal Links Early – Internal links between pages in your website is a valuable tool for SEO and helping Google index your website. Use menus thoughtfully and link to important pages when you reference them in other pages or blog posts.
- Use Clean Code – When designing your website, plugins and shortcuts can offer convenience to you and your users. But be sure that you have well written code and use plugins only where necessary, or they can decrease loading times on your site and hurt your technical SEO.
- Set Up Google Analytics – Google Analytics can help you monitor traffic and what parts on your site may resonate with them most. This can help inform you what is working on your new website and give you insight on what steps to take next.
- Monitor Page Indexing – Submit your sitemap to Google Search Console and watch over the coming weeks to make sure all the pages on your website are indexing correctly. If you note any errors, take steps to correct them.
Although these steps can increase the early visibility of your website, it is also important to keep up your SEO practices as your website continues to grow. You can do this through regularly writing new content, keeping your website up to date, and maintaining your website’s organization.
Working with a professional SEO and content marketing company for your new website can help create a strong foundation for your business website. Great Leap Studios offers website design services and content writing services to help you at any stage of your website. Learn more about our SEO services for small businesses.