It’s October. We’re about six months away from tax season. It’s a time when most accountants have a bit of a breather. Quarterly taxes were turned in about a month ago, and while there isn’t ever a true break for accountants, October is as good a time as any to relax when it comes to your accounting business.
Now might be the best time to think about accountant marketing. Your business doesn’t sleep – the more you can improve your online presence, the more people or businesses in your local area will come to you for all of their accounting needs.
Marketing With Accounting Content
Content related to the accounting industry is the best way to make sure your website is competitive. Search engines value websites with a lot of information – websites that are going to be valuable for anyone that searches for them.
So adding accounting content to your website through informative articles and blog posts is important, and the more you can add, the better. Of course, coming up with accounting topic ideas can be difficult, especially for those with little writing experience. That’s why the following represent potential accounting article topics that you can use to improve your website performance:
- Information on specific tax laws.
- Information on how to account for various hobbies, personal sales, etc.
- Information on loopholes or unknown tax issues.
- Information on the line between illegal and legal issues.
- Information on how to keep books, or how to account for various situations.
- Information on accounting programs, tax forms, and other items.
- Information on working with an accountant, including what you need.
- Information on what accountants do.
- Information on recent tax law changes or government information.
All of these represent significant numbers of articles, especially with modern tax law, complex debit and credit calculations, and more. Each one of these can be dozens of different articles or more, so the above list represents potentially hundreds of articles total, if not more.
Adding accounting content is what’s going to make your website stand out, and draw in customers in a way that will help your next busy period become your most profitable of your career. The above is only a small list of the types of content you can consider for your website, and the more you add the better your website will do.