While companies have always needed content marketing and SEO, about 4 or 5 years ago the buzzword was “affiliate marketing.” People were making thousands upon thousands of dollars marketing eBooks and online guides for everything from making money online to how to get out of a traffic ticket.
One of the biggest “niches” was dating and relationships, since millions of people search for relationship help every day. Nowadays, the eBook and affiliate marketing industries have started to die out, topics like dating aren’t quite as common now as they used to be, and represent much fewer of our own clients, but dating content can still be profitable, and websites that offer products related to dating in any way – like lingerie stores, dating websites, etc. – still need dating content if they want to offer value to the reader and improve their search engine rank.
Dating Content Ideas
Coming up with dating content ideas and blog posts tends to be a bit easier than for other industries, since many people can think of questions they’ve had in their life related to dating, and all they need to do is turn those ideas into content. But for those that are looking for blog post ideas because they are running a blank, the following represent potential writing you can create to satisfy your audience:
- Tips for meeting men or women.
- Tips for approaching men or women.
- Tips for maintaining a relationship with men or women.
- LGBT dating issues and/or alternative lifestyles.
- Breakup tips, including how to break up and how to recover.
- How to rebuild a relationship with an ex.
- Friendship tips that aren’t necessarily dating related.
- Self-esteem boosting tips and strategies.
- Style tips and strategies.
- Baby boomer and elderly dating information.
- Specific reviews of dating products or services.
- Date ideas and romance ideas.
- Situational tips and reader questions.
With the way search engines work now, and the need for massive amounts of content rather than only a few pieces, each of these represents dozens upon dozens of potential posts. While you can have overview posts and broader topics, the more specific you are the more value you’re offering and the more posts you’ll be able to create.
Dating content is perhaps some of the most fun to write, and if affiliate marketing and eBooks hadn’t fallen out of favor, it would probably be much more common today. But there is still a pretty significant dating and relationship niche for a variety of companies, and perhaps the list above will give you some idea of what you can do for your dating content.