Data security has become far more important than it was in past decades. From paper shredding to hard drive destruction to erasing data from the Internet, there is a need now for companies to specialize in these services in order to keep your information safe, and away from criminal behavior. It’s easier now than it ever was before to recover lost data when it’s not properly disposed of, and even easier to use it for unlawful activities.
That’s why there are companies now that provide these security services, with strict oversight to ensure proper data and security safety. But not everyone is comfortable enough to use these businesses or knows enough about them to consider them a part of their daily business practices. So as a data security company, you have to be marketing yourself well, because:
- Not everyone knows your company exists or what you do.
- Not everyone knows the difference between companies, so they may choose the first one they find.
- Not everyone knows that they would benefit from your services, even if they know what they are.
With so much standing in your way, marketing not only your services, but also your IDEAS (for example, the need for data security) becomes very important. Your best bet is to become a resource for the idea of securing data, data protection, data recovery, identity theft, and so much more, so that anyone with even a cursory interest in protection and security will find your website, learn more about you, and want to choose you for their protection services.
Content Marketing and Document Security
In order to become that resource, you need to have content. But many companies do not have enough data security content ideas to make an impact in search engines. Often that’s because most businesses do not know what makes a good blog post, and how easy it is to come up with thousands of ideas if you simply know what create.
I reached out to Lars Talbert, owner of Strongbox, Inc, one of the leading data destruction services in Wisconsin, and asked him what he thinks makes a good blog post:
“I want my blog posts to be relevant to our topic of helping our clients safely dispose of their sensitive documents through on-Site shredding and document destruction. We also try to make the subject matter timely to some of the current events that are going on at the time. Over the holidays when we were hearing about credit card theft by the large big-box retailers, we had a blog about ‘Protecting your Data during the holidays.’ We also like to incorporate a visual into the blog post as well, I’m a visual guy and I like putting a thumbnail pic that represents what we are blogging about.”
Lars takes the right approach – he focuses on Do-It-Yourself tips and information, knowing that his business will appeal to those unable to do it themselves. With that in mind, the following represent multiple ideas content ideas and blog posts topics that any document or data security company can use:
- Credit card security and theft information
- Social security number theft and security information.
- Document destruction tips.
- Modern advancements in data recovery.
- Reasons to dispose of certain types of data.
- Do it yourself data destruction.
- Methods of evaluating your current data destruction strategies.
- Reasons for added security in the data destruction process.
- The value of data security online and offline.
- Examples of data that could use security.
- Timely security tips depending on current events.
- Individual and corporate data security tips.
- Customer support, common questions, and more.
Each of these represents not just one blog post, but dozens, possibly giving you hundreds upon hundreds of ideas that can turn your website into a hub of information on data and document destruction and security, and with so few local businesses engaging in this level of marketing, your data destruction company should improve its ability to come out ahead.
Content ideas do not have to be as difficult as they seem, and while it can be a challenge to find the time to write them, if you are willing to invest the time or money, you should see a strong payoff for years.