When you own a landscaping business, you likely advertise to clients in multiple ways. Maybe you place ads, brand your vehicles, and encourage satisfied customers to recommend you to others. But the best form of marketing is online marketing, and the best way to make sure that your website gets noticed is using content writing to boost your SEO.
Unlike paying for temporary ad space or depending on clients to spread the word, content marketing is within your control and requires only a bit of time. This form of marketing relies on keeping your website active by routinely adding content. Search engines organically move sites with stronger content to the top of their search results.
Ideas for Landscaping Content
Quantity is important when coming up with content for your website, specifically that you have a number of pages and new content on a semi-frequent basis. But search engines also have methods of detecting which websites provide useful content – answers to questions, tips or instructions, and unique ideas will make your site stronger.
The problem is that coming up with new ideas for landscaping content writing isn’t always easy. It may seem difficult to come up with new topics. The good news is that there are plenty of potential topics to choose from as long as you know where to look. For example:
- Seasonal planting guide for your area.
- Descriptions of each of your services.
- Tips to keep a yard looking neat.
- Solutions for different areas, like drought-resistant or cold-resistant landscaping.
- Annual yard maintenance schedules.
- Landscape inspiration ideas.
- How to care for different plants, trees, and shrubs.
- How to keep garden pests away from plants.
- Features, including installation ideas and reviews.
- Yard transformation stories from customers.
- Fertilizer and yard care tools review.
- Ideas for incorporating water features into a landscape design.
- Sprinkler and drip system maintenance tips.
Each of these represents dozens, possibly hundreds of topics. For instance, schedule a monthly post on the best types of landscaping to do at that time of year or write an ongoing series of product reviews. Use conversations with your customers to spark ideas as well if there are questions you often answer for them.
If you have ideas but don’t have the time to write about them yourself, or you haven’t yet started building your website, Great Leap Studios can help. Our services in website design and content writing are designed to help landscape companies – and small businesses in any industry – attract online customers to your services. Contact us today to get started.